One thing I have noticed over the past several years is that more companies are obsessed with top rankings on Google. They believe that you have to be a “tech geek” to get top ranking. Or worse, they get burned by a so-called SEO specialist, who really doesn’t know much more than they do. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Search Engine Optimization Isn’t Magical
SEO companies make a lot of money doing some very simple tweeks to a website that you can do for yourself. Here are 10 simple steps that you can take for higher rankings:
- think locally
- have a professional looking website
- ONLY write about 1 product or service per page
- know your key words/phrases
- use your key words and phrases for your titles
- link key words and phrases to post or pages
- direct your social media followers to your website and ask them to engage
- use alt tags with your images
- geo tag your images
- keep your content updated
Here’s one more step. It is also my biggest complaint when I look over websites.
- proof read your content – there is nothing more unprofessional than visiting a website that has multiple typos on all their pages. This is also a big factor in a page getting ranked or not
How We Can Help
If you’d like to get more customers and make more money from your website and social media platforms – send me a request for a complete evaluation of your online presence. Email me at email@example.com.